After Moonrim’s crowdfunding started, I’ve been receiving questions and comments, and I’m really grateful to everyone. Some questions are relatively simple to answer:
- Does it support Windows/Mac/Linux? (Yes)
- Does it support QMK? (Yes)
- Can I have other switches? (Yes you can. If you have basic soldering skills you can order the DIY kit and put any MX compatible switch you want. If you don’t have the skills, never hesitate to contact us at email@example.com because we might be able to get the other types of switches as well.)
But some questions and requests are not as simple:
- Won’t it slip?
- I have a big (or small) hand. Can I use it?
- Can you show some real typing?
I’d love to answer all these, so the plan is to cover them one by one during the campaign. Please stay tuned. (You can subscribe to Moonrim’s Youtube Channel, follow us on Twitter @MoonrimProject, and use the Atom feed.)
Today, I’ll cover the most frequently asked question.
If you have to press it sideways, won’t it slip?
We’ve taken appropriate technical measures, so it doesn’t slip. (See the video above) But some people are still worried, so we’ve made the decision:
The crowdfunding model you will receive by backing us will have ADJUSTABLE TILTING.
That’s it. We said it. We’re doing it.
The prototype uses 75-degree fixed angle. But the production model that you will receive by backing us will have the adjustable tilting feature. 75 degrees, 60 degrees, 45 degrees, 30 degrees… Just as you want it.
If the crowdfunding succeeds, we will immediately start the process to change the design for the adjustable angle feature. So, if the angle has been why you hesitated to pre-order yours, Please rest assured and consider backing us today.
If the funding fails, you will get refunded. And if it’s a success, you will receive a Moonrim II with adjustable tilting!